ShortKeys is not working.
I typed the shortkey but the replacement did not work.
Here are a few things to look at that may cause the program to not play back macros.
- Make sure that ShortKeys is running.
- Double click on one of your shortkeys to view the contents in the Modify Keys window. The “To play back” edit box shows the steps needed to activate the shortkey. Click on the box for more info or click on Options, Preferences, Playback – General tab to make changes.
- It is also possible that another program started, after running ShortKeys, that installs itself improperly into the Windows Keyboard Hooks. This usually exhibits itself most often when ShortKeys and other programs are loaded in the startup group. One of the other programs is being loaded after ShortKeys and is effectively blocking access to the keyboard.
- Select Tools, Restore Keyboard Hooks from the main menu of ShortKeys. Try a shortkey macro.
– Close the program – File, Terminate ShortKeys and then restart from the Start menu. Try a shortkey macro.
– Try closing applications – one by one. Test ShortKeys after closing each application. Start with apps that run in the background that may do things similar to ShortKeys – using the keyboard hooks.
- Press the Ctrl key once and release to clear the buffer. Try typing a shortkey.
- Some malware such as viruses, trojans, and worms can prevent the activation of shortkeys. Make sure that the anti-virus, anti-adware and anti-spyware utilities are up to date on the computer and perform a scan.
- Check your firewall and anti-virus software to make sure that it is not blocking ShortKeys.
- If the shortkeys only fail online in your browser, try disabling any browser add-ons or extensions one by one. Start with the ones you are not familiar with. Test ShortKeys after each add-on or extension is disabled to determine which is causing a problem.
- ShortKeys will no longer function once the 30-day trial has expired. A license must be purchased to use beyond the 30 day trial period.
- Close ShortKeys by clicking File, Terminate ShortKeys. Locate the shortcut to start the program and right click on it. Select Run as Administrator and follow any UAC prompts to finish loading the program. See if running in Admin mode helps.