- Create an unlimited number of files.
- Load more than one macro file at a time.
- Create virtually an unlimited number of shortkeys (Text and Text Replacements) per file.
- Include up to 65,536 characters of text per shortkey replacement.
- Network option with File Locking capability.
- Sort shortkeys into categories.
- Import and export shortkeys.
- Automatic file backup options.
- ShortKeys 3 introduces new productivity enhancing features
- Use a one or two character Prefix Key to initiate the playback of a shortkey. Or Use the Suffix Key option of Space or Enter to trigger the ShortKey playback.
- Allow additional punctuation keys to trigger the ShortKey.
- Retype the suffix key after the replacement text has been inserted.
- Invoke a "hint mode" window to notify of an impending text replacement.
- Create suffix/gerund endings such as -ing, -ed, -ment, etc. for replacement text words.
- Send the replacement text either through the keyboard or via the clipboard.
- Set the speed of characters typed when sending keystrokes through the keyboard.
- Pause the playback to allow for manual entry. Resume with a key press.
- Capitalize the first letter of the replacement text if the first letter of the shortkey typed is capitalized.
- Add timed delays to the text playback.
- Require that the shortkey be input exactly (i.e. upper and lower case sensitive).
- Allow macros to play back in all programs or limit to a specific window or windows.
- Include symbols or international characters in text replacements.
- Insert current, past or future dates in text replacements.
- Insert the TAB, Enter or any of the Arrow keys to the playback of a shortkey.
- Insert the current time into text replacements.
- Spell Checker (American and British) available for proofing Replacement Text.
To learn more, read the ShortKeys Features sheet
(478 KB Adobe PDF)